TCM Specialties, latest news and medical developments
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has formed a unique system to diagnose and cure illness. The TCM approach is fundamentally different from that of Western medicine. In TCM, the understanding of the human body is based on the holistic understanding of the universe, and the treatment of illness is based primarily on the diagnosis and differentiation of syndromes.
Our experienced physicians use TCM acupuncture, herbal medicine, massage, heat cupping, scrapping and exercise to stimulate the body’s natural curing power. These are beneficial in pain relief, restoring the vital energy of our body to fight against diseases, which will speed up recovery process. The physicians in our clinic possess a high level of expertise and are registered with the Singapore Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Practitioners Board (TCMPB).
Latest TCM Resources and updates.
Online TCM Resources:
- World Health Organisation: Traditional, Complementary and Integrative medicine
- World Health Organization’s (WHO) International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems: TCM Inclusion (Source: ResearchGate)
- World Health Organisation: Guidelines for Clinical Research on Acupuncture
- Huangdi Neijing: The Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Internal Medicine (黄帝内经) (Source: Wikipedia)
- Singapore Ministry of Health: TCM Practitioners Registration & Guidelines (Click to visit Sg MoH website)
Online COVID-19 Resources & Videos:
- Handbook of COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment (Source: Jack Ma Foundation and Alibaba Foundation)
- Singapore Ministry of Health – Important Circulars (Source: Singapore Ministry of Health)
- TCM and COVID-19: China conducting trials to test efficacy and safety of traditional herbal interventions (Source: Nutra Ingredients Asia / By Guan Yu Lim)
- COVID-19 Symposium: Epidemiology of SARS-CoV-2 Infection (Source: Youtube)
- COVID-19 Symposium: Coronavirus History, Replication, and Immune Evasion (Source: Youtube)
Selected TCM Articles & Publications:
|Title||Source (Click link to view)|
|What is Chinese medicine?||John Hopkins Medicine|
|Traditional Chinese Medicine in the Treatment of Diabetes||American Diabetes Association
1. Author: Maggie B. Covington, MD / Diabetes Spectrum 2001 Aug; 14(3): 154-159.
|Duke study: Acupuncture offers headache relief||Youtube|
|Acupuncture and moxibustion of traditional Chinese medicine||Youtube|
|Acupuncture | Q&A||Youtube: Johns Hopkins Medicine|
|Tools of Traditional Chinese Medicine||Youtube|
|Research into Chinese Medicine | RMIT University||Youtube|